Marketing and Events Committee Meeting
March 15, 2012
Present: ~ Kim Reopell Flynn, Bob Romeo, Tony Simotes, Eiran Gazit (alt)
Absent: Carl Pratt, Richard Wise, Dick Houdek (alt)
Also Present: David Roche, Select Board liaison; Greg Federspiel, Town Manager
Meeting called to order at 9:03 a.m.
1. Minutes of March 1 were postponed to April 5 meeting.
2. Overview of Bodden-Hamilton “Lenox Means Business” report. KRF gave summary of meeting that she and DR had with Marty Mitchell and John Frew. Specific points and recommendations were highlighted.
- Review of Lenoxology Marketing Campaign proposal from B-H. After discussion it was determined that the committee could endorse the Press Release Announcement for the sum of $4,000.00 and go back to B-H to tell them we can endorse the SEM Campaign if they can do it for $4,995.00. The committee will then solicit quotes for the Media Fam Trips and Content Development. Greg and Kim will set up conference call with B-H to discuss the proposal. EG makes motion to recommend to Select Board that they allocate up to $4,000.00 for Announcement of Press Release. Second by TS. Vote 4-0 in favor. EG makes motion to recommend up to $4,900.00 for SEM Campaign. Discussion ensues that if B-H does not agree to the reduced amount perhaps business community will be willing to kick in the additional funding to meet their quote
of $6,500.00. EG asks who should secure Fam trip proposals and asks if GF can do it. DR states GF does not need to do it, members of the committee will do it. Winstanley and Studio Two are suggested as two to approach. KRF will draft letter.
- Discussion regarding of the Lenoxology website and Chamber’s disconnect from the Discover Lenox website. It was determined that the town must go forward with building a database of businesses to be listed on the website independently from the Chamber and find a way to notify all businesses that they can list on this web site.
- Update on Berkshire Cycling Classic by KRF. TS informs committee that he has offered Shakespeare & Co. as a staging area for the event. Discussion about the vouchers that are being given out as part of the registration fee. It is suggested that the vouchers be given to be used for anything in town. KRF will make the suggestion to the promoter.
6. Further review of 2013 budget with GF. It is determined that the budget needs much more work and we will have a special meeting on March 22 just to do a final review of the budget so we can make recommendation to Select Board at their March 28 meeting.
7. Old/New Business: Ken Fowler who came in to the meeting gave us an update on British Car Show and asked if B-H would assist with marketing and advertising. KRF will provide Ken with contact info to have event posted on Discover Lenox web site.
Meeting adjourned at 10:53 a.m.