Marketing and Events Committee Meeting
January 19, 2012
Present: ~ Kim Reopell Flynn, Carl Pratt, Tony Simotes, Bob Romeo, Carl Pratt, Richard Wise, Eiran Gazit (alt), Dick Houdek (alt)
Also Present: David Roche, Greg Federspiel and from Bodden-Hamilton: John Frew, Kevin Sniffen and Marty Mitchell
Meeting called to order at 9:03 a.m.
1.~~~Minutes from January 5, 2012 were approved.
- Final brief review of Event/ Application Guidelines. GF will now develop an application form to go with guidelines.
- RW had forwarded the report on Caroling Festival to the members of the Committee prior to this meeting and reviewed it at this time. Successes were highlighted and what could be done better next year was discussed. Committee feels that expanding the festival into a weekend or weeklong event, by incorporating it with other events would bring more people into town.
- Final reviewed of proposed agenda for web presentation and round table sessions with JF, KS and MM.
4. GF passes out B-H plan for going forward. Very detailed and will need more time for review than we have available at this meeting. JF gives brief overview and suggestion is made to make this a separate agenda item at a future meeting.
5. Old/New business: KRF asks about status of Our Town grant application. GF tells committee that it is progressing and he has contracted with someone to do application.
Meeting adjourned at 10:18 p.m.