14 Walker Street
Lenox, MA 01240
Established in 1909 after a devastating Easter fire that destroyed a large portion of downtown Lenox, the Lenox Fire Department has a long history of providing aid to the Town of Lenox and its residents through the dedicated and unselfish service.
The Department is currently operating out of three stations: Lenox Dale Station, Lenox Central Station and North Lenox Station. The two outlying stations are run solely by volunteer members; while Central Station is additionally staffed by both volunteers and career Firefighter/EMT’s who are also responsible for answering medical calls. All three stations rely on their volunteer members for their prompt response to fire calls and their selfless concern for others.
The Department responds to calls that include, but are not limited to, structure fires, motor vehicle fires, and brush fires. It also responds to medical assistance calls with the Lenox Ambulance Squad and motor vehicle accidents (EMS, Jaws of Life) as well as confined spaces rescues, water rescues, elevator emergencies, and general service calls such as animal rescues, evacuation of water, and elderly assistance.
Joining the Fire Department enables men and women both to provide an invaluable service to the Town of Lenox and attain a sense of personal accomplishment and fulfillment