If you are interested in becoming a member of the Lenox Fire Department, please fill out a Membership application at the most convenient fire station or print out the on line application and submit it to the Lenox Fire Department - Central Fire Station - 14 Walker Street – Lenox, MA 01240, or click here to download the application form.
If you have any questions, contact the Lenox Central Fire Station at (413) 637-2347.
• Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and hold a valid driver’s license.
• Volunteers are required to obtain and maintain CPR and First Responder Cards.
• New members are required to attend and complete a recruit-training program.
• All members are obligated to attend an annual hazardous materials class.
• All new volunteers must submit to a one-year probationary period.
Each of three stations holds monthly meetings and weekly training exercises. All protective fire equipment is provided by the department.
Interested members may enhance their education and services by becoming an EMT or through enrollment in specialized courses.
Members are also encouraged to take part in the various civic activities in which the department participates such as parades, firemen’s musters, antique fire apparatus shows, events that benefit local students, and the Lenox Apple Squeeze.